2.6.14-rc3-rt10 crashes on boot

From: John Rigg
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 10:05:56 EST

On Friday 7 October 2005 Ingo Molnar wrote:
>i got overflows in initramfs's gunzip with certain debug options. I have
>improved the stack footprint of the worst offenders in -rt11 (see the
>standalone patch below) - John, does it boot any better?

Ah. I'm using initrd. With CONFIG_LATENCY_TRACE=y my initrd.img is
large, > 3.6MB. Maybe it's time to try initramfs.

BTW I'm having trouble enabling DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW. I can see
it in arch/i386/Kconfig.debug (and not in arch/x86_64/Kconfig.debug),
but it doesn't appear in menuconfig no matter what other kernel hacking
options I enable. If I add it manually to .config it just gets removed
by `make oldconfig'. Is this an x86_64 issue?

For now I'll assume that there is a stack overflow and try initramfs.

John