Anybody know about nforce4 SATA II hot swapping + linux raid?

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 05:12:11 EST

I need to deploy some very resilient servers with hot swapable drives.

I always used dac960 based hardware raid for hot swapping in the past, but
sata drives are so cheap compared to scsi that I'm considering the Tyan GT24
server with 4 hot swappable SATA II drives (nforce4 pro controller)

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/gt24b2891.html

Before I place an order, I need to know whether sata II hot swapping is up to
scratch in the linux kernel, and whether it works nicely with linux software
raid (which I already use/am familiar with).

Any knowledge greatfully accepted :)

Andrew Walrond