Re: freebox possible GPL violation

From: Pierre Michon
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 18:27:05 EST

> Helloooo !!! Have you proofs that they have ???
Could you just reply on the simple question : why the boot is not
stateless ?

>Just stick to the FACTS and if you want to argue on
>something, bring PROOFS !
In the fact (first mail) I give :

On [1] you could see 7 steps.
Step 1 to 5 is network initialisation (adsl synchronization, dhcp,
check on the dslam, ...)
Step 6 is software update
Step 7 is operationnal

When there are no firmware update the sequence is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
When there is a firmware update it is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
6, 7.

But you haven't a freebox, so how could you have seen this that ?
Even other people agree that may be a GPL firmware stored in the freebox
(see https://linuxfr.org/~crevetor/19607.html and the author of
http://www.f-b-x.net/ told me the same thing by mail [2])

>Nonsense, you are talking about cases of softwares which were sold to
>customers with GPL code inside. This is no such case here.
Have you read the mailling ?
it was about case were hardware was lended...

>You obviously need a brain, try to get one and come back after you
>learned to use it.
You need one too, you failed to read :
"Please let's continue on legal gpl-violations.org ML."...

[1] http://forums.grenouille.com/index.php?showtopic=14659
[2]

>Tout laisse a supposer que la freebox contient bien un systeme linux
> >>minimal, elle telecharge le reste (/usr, ...) lorsqu'elle se
> >>connecte >au serveur et en cas de mise a jour du fimware le system
> >>minimal est >ecrasse et on reboot...

non je me suis mal exprimé, elle garde le systéme sur sa rom et le met a
jour en cas de nouvelle version, du moins c est ce que je pense.