Re: [swsusp] separate snapshot functionality to separate file

From: Lorenzo Colitti
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 18:19:04 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
"Cool, so you have done 100% of work and now it is stable, fast and
tested. You only need to do 200% more work to get it merged".

Merging into kernel is not easy, sorry.

Of course. I was just saying that it might be better for users if you, Nigel and the other parties involved collaborated on getting suspend2 merged instead of working on 2 or 3 separate implementations. My gut feeling is that it would be quicker to do that than to nail the sucky low-level bugs that are bound to come up when developing the new uswsusp framework.

And now, since there's nothing I can actually do to help this - you can't learn to be a kernel hacker in two weeks - I'll shut up. But I just wanted to remind everyone involved that from a user's perspective, it would be great if suspend2 were merged.

It works, it's fast, it's stable, and it does what users want. That's a strong combination. It would be really good if you could work together to merge it.

Cheers,
Lorenzo

--
http://www.colitti.com/lorenzo/