Re: Waring in kernel 2.6.10

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 14:48:10 EST

On 10/5/05, umesh chandak <chandak_pict@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
> I have compiled a kernel 2.6.10 on FC3 it
> gives me the warning like this
>

> Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Did you remember to enable the proper console related options in your
kernel; like CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE, CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE etc.
I guess it could also be problem with an old or incorrectly configured
udev so it can't find /dev/console or it could be a problem with your
initrd.

And if you could be bothered to stick "Warning: unable to open an
initial console." in google you'll see that you are not the first to
have a problem like that and there is *lots* of help available out
there.
Do a little research please (and if you've already done some research,
then letting people know what you've already checked when posting your
question is usually a good idea).

May I recommend this document :

Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>