Re: ppc boot entry point

From: Jon Masters
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 14:40:53 EST

On 10/3/05, Tom Rini <trini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:35:27AM -0400, Dave B. Sharp wrote:
>
> > Hey there,
> > Can anyone tell me how to find te entry point (i.e.
> > address) into the kernel, when control is passed from
> > the boot loader?
> > Where are the arguements such as the boot parameters.
> > I am compiling for a generic ppc kernel at this point.

> This is PowerPC specific stuff.

Yes, it is. In addition to your comments, Tom, it's worth looking in
the corresponding head.S, head_4xx.S or whatever files to see that the
kernel is called much like a regular function with arguments in
registers r3 upwards. You'll find most of what you want to know by
going through from early_init onwards.

Jon.