Re: [Pcihpd-discuss] Re: ACPI problem with PCI Express Native Hot-plug driver

From: Rajat Jain
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 00:07:50 EST

On 10/1/05, Rajesh Shah <rajesh.shah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 02:57:07PM +0900, Rajat Jain wrote:
> >
> > pciehp: pfar:cannot locate acpi bridge of PCI 0xb.
> > pciehp: pfar:cannot locate acpi bridge of PCI 0xe.
>
> This is saying that the driver's probe function was called for
> these pciehp capable bridges, but it didn't find them in the
> ACPI namespace.

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the insight. But my doubt is that the PCI Express devices
down the hot-pluggable slots are working fine. i.e. if we forget about
the hot-plugging / unplugging, the bridges and devices are working
fine, even with ACPI enabled.

So is the presence of bridges in ACPI namespace required only for
hot-plugging / unplugging and not for normal operation?

Thanks,

Rajat