Re: what's next for the linux kernel?

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 20:19:29 EST

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> well... actually, as it turns out, the l4linux and l4ka people have
> already done most of the work!!

And I am sure they have reasons for not submitting their
changes to the linux-kernel mailing list. They probably
know something we (including you) don't know.

Switching out the low level infrastructure does NOT help
with scalability. The only way to make the kernel more
parallelizable is by changing the high level code, ie.
Linux itself.

Adding a microkernel under Linux is not going to help
with anything you mentioned so far.

--
All Rights Reversed