Re: dentry_cache using up all my zone normal memory -- also seenon 2.6.14-rc2

From: Christopher Friesen
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 14:04:20 EST

Dipankar Sarma wrote:

This can happen if a task runs for too long inside the kernel
holding up context switches or usermode code running on that
cpu. The fact that RCU grace period eventually happens
and the dentries are freed means that something intermittently
holds up RCU. Is this 2.6.10 vanilla or does it have other
patches in there ?

The 2.6.10 was modified. All the results with the dcache debugging patch applied were from vanilla 2.6.14-rc2.

It's perfectly repeatable as well...every single time I run "rename14" the OOM killer kicks in.

Chris