major oops resier4 on 2.6.14-rc1-mm1

From: Andy Fong
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 08:18:36 EST

I am using reiser4 on a SATA drive and got a major oops after
upgrading to 2.6.14-rc1-mm1. The whole system hangs and all changes on
FS are lost after reboot. So, I lost the log file too.

Then it kind of happened again but this time not completely hang. It
reported a fatal operation at block_alloc.c: 140. in dmesg.
This is from my memory because I try to go back to my old kernel
2.6.12 but the fs seems to be corrupted and I
got a kernel panic. However, the new 2.6.14-rc1-mm1 kernel will still
boot up. So, I did a fsck.reiser4 --build-fs.
After that, none of the kernel can detect the partition and I got
kernel panic. I just created a liveCD and doing fsck.reiser4 again and
hope that it will work better this time. So, I don't have any trace or
log file but this is a serious bug.

I notice there is a 2.6.14-rc2-mm1 which some reiser4 fixes in the log
file. I wonder if those fixes is related to this bug.
I just want to make sure this get fix soon. Also, if anyone have idea
on how to recover the partition, please let me know.

Since I am not on the list yet, please make sure you cc the reply to
my email. Thank you.