Re: SATA suspend-to-ram patch - merge?

From: Mark Lord
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 08:04:52 EST

So currently we are in limbo...

Which is a shame, since it means that software suspend on sata is
basically impossible :)

Except that it actually does work, with Jen's patch.

Rather than sitting around for another six months hoping the problem
will go away (it won't), perhaps we should just update/merge Jen's
patch as a sorely needed interim fix.

This might then prod James et al into looking more at the SCSI side of
things, and some year we might see this get replaced with a better scheme.

This is a real problem, and an immediate solution is needed last spring.

Cheers