Re: In-kernel graphics subsystem

From: rep stsb
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 00:53:34 EST

Athar Hameed wrote:

> We are a group of three undergrad CS students,
> almost ready to start our senior project. We have
> this idea of integrating a graphics subsystem with
> the kernel

A thread about getting vertical synchronization
interrupts from a video card is available at,

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.lang.asm/browse_frm/thread/d1057c825a7933f0/f7239ffb484587d9

I have started a project to write a windowing program
on svgalib at,

http://sourceforge.net/projects/svgalib-windows

My idea is,

1. Convert svgalib drivers into kernel modules to get
v-sync interrupts.

2. Write a windowing program on svgalib.

Everyone can join.

http://groups.google.ca/group/fa.linux.kernel