Re: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel

From: Ric Wheeler
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 13:13:58 EST

Hans Reiser wrote:
Ric Wheeler wrote:

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

On 9/20/05, Hans Reiser <reiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another goal of the group should be to formulate a requested set of
changes or extensions to the makers of drives and other storage
systems. For example, it might be advantageous to be able to disable
bad block relocation and allow the filesystem to perform the action.
The reason for this is because relocates slaughter streaming read
performance, but the filesystem could still contiguously allocate
around them...

The words were attributed to me, but were not mine.

Sometimes mua's do that to one.

Sorry - my error in trying to trim my response ended up trimming the proper attribution to Gregory,

ric