Re: help interpreting oom-killer output

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 18:54:35 EST

Christopher Friesen wrote:

I'm running a modified 2.6.10 on an x86 uniprocessor system. I keep having processes killed by the oom killer at the same place while running LTP. The system has gigs of memory, so I find this kind of odd.

Could someone help me interpret the oom-killer output? The first log looks like this.

Looks like you were running out of ZONE_NORMAL memory (below 896MB). There is lots of high memory available but the allocation could not be satisfied from there.

I would try a newer kernel..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx