Lost Ticks

From: Marc Perkel
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 23:24:05 EST

Got a dual core Athlon 64 X2 on an Asus board using NVidia chipset and getting lost ticks. The software clock of course is totally messed up. I've scanned google for a solution and see others complaining about bad code in the SMM BIOS. I have the latest bios and whatever they need to fix - isn't.

So - what do I do to make it work?

Yes - I compiled the kernel 2.6.13.1 and used a speed of 100 - the lowest setting - and that did help some. But - the problem needs to go away.

If I compile a kermel without any of the power management at all - will that fix the problem? I need a work around.

Thanks in advance.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@xxxxxxxxxx

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com