Re: Automatic Configuration of a Kernel

From: Daniel Thaler
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 18:43:23 EST

Michal Piotrowski wrote:
Hi,

On 15/09/05, Ahmad Reza Cheraghi <a_r_cheraghi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I wrote this Framework for making a .config based on
the System Hardwares. It would be a great help if some
people would give me their opinion about it.

Regards

It's for new linux users? They should use distributions kernels.
It's for "power users"? They just do make menuconfig...
It's for kernel developers? They just do vi .config.

I like the idea.
I'm a power user and of course I can do make menuconfig, but it would be
useful when building a kernel for new hardware for example.

Currently that involves looking at dmesg output to figure out the correct
options; this would provide a nice base config to work with and reduce the
amount of effort.

Daniel