Re: VPN server over windows XP

From: Joe Bob Spamtest
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 15:38:18 EST

Um, i hate to be a dick, but:

Does this look like a windows XP mailing list to you? Call Microsoft support.

1- I need to set the vpn server on windows XP (not windows 2000 server, nor 2003, nor ISA server, etc.)
The first problem I faced is that windows xp does not support ipsec tunnel mode between 2 xp machines. It only supports transport mode which is not what I want.
To overcome this lack of IP tunneling I tried to use the built-in tunneling capabilities such as PPTP and L2TP/ipsec, and it worked. But the problem here is that a windows xp can not accept more than ONE SINGLE incoming connection at a time, and I need multiple connections.

Sounds like your software/OS is deficient (in more ways than one).

I think the solution could be one of the following:

1-Installing a third party FREE vpn server (or L2TP server) on windows XP. If you know one please tell me.

I've got an idea. Stop using a playskool operating system where you need something industrial-grade. Hey, this is a Linux-related mailing list: Why not install some version of Linux instead?

To make it short and sweet, you're using a screwdriver where you need a hammer. Sure, if you beat on it enough, you *might* be able to get something half-assed working, but don't start crying when it falls apart. Most importantly, this discussion is *grossly* off-topic for this list