Re: "Read my lips: no more merges" - aka Linux 2.6.14-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 11:44:31 EST

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:

> Again, this is what I do:
>
> cd linux-2.6
> git pull rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
> git checkout

What does "git log" state? Do you have recent state there? (ie it should
have dates in the "Sep 12" kind of timeframe)

Also, if you have done something earlier that updated your HEAD file
_without_ actually updating your checked out status, then "git checkout"
may decide that it has nothing to do. You can try "git checkout -f" in
that case.

Linus