Parameter corruption (ABI)

From: Rahul Khanna
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 11:53:12 EST

I have patched 2.6.9 kernel for ABI support. Every
thing works fine except the call to the function
pointed by filldir from fs/ext3/dir.c

All the arguments to the function and their values are
perfect just before the pointed function is called,
but when the same values are printed in the function
they are different.

Error

kernel: ext3-dir->call_filldir: fname->name ftp
fname->inode 5062658 fname->name_len 3, d_type 4
kernel: svr4_filldir: name <NULL>, namlen 5062658,
ino_t 3655193502, d_type 5062658

Following is the code (fs/ext3/dir.c, 413-418)
while (fname) {
error = filldir(dirent, fname->name,
fname->name_len, curr_pos,
fname->inode,get_dtype(sb,fname->file_type));

How do I go about debugging it further or fixing it?

Thanks,

RK