2.6.13 brings buffer underruns when burning DVDs at high speeds(16x)

From: Mathieu Fluhr
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 07:12:52 EST

Hello all,

It seems that something has been broken when passing from 2.6.12 to
2.6.13 regarding the SCSI burning engine. When burning a DVD at 16x
(with ide-cd SEND_PACKET command, or with the SG interface, no matter
the driver used), you get tons of buffer underruns. This was not
appearing in 2.6.12.

I would suspect something in the block devices driver, but I am not
really sure... and I did not have enough time yet to look deeply in the
source code ;-)

Best Regards,
Mathieu