Re: 2.6.13-mm2

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 14:40:38 EST

Michael Thonke <iogl64nx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> I found a problem regarding to multi device support (Linux software Raid).
>
> The problem first appears now in 2.6.13-mm2, that the kernel didn't initialize the md devices.
>
> 2.6.13-mm1 works very well, and everything is okay.
>
> Also one strange thing I found was that my SATA devices were initialized a-sync/disordered e.g
>
> SATA1 with one hdd then something like USB and IPv4 and such and at least SATA3: with 2nd hdd.
> That I've never seen this order init order before. Seems to be mixed all around.
>
> I tried irqpoll,pci=routeirq with no success.
>
> I can't provide some logs, because I can't grep the dmesg since it doesn't boot.
>
> There are changes in libata driver for sata_nv? Or md driver changes that cause that?

There are changes to both sata_nv and to md in 2.6.13-mm2. To isolate them
it would be great of you could apply

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.13/2.6.13-mm2/broken-out/linus.patch

to 2.6.13 and see if the problem still happens. That will separate out the
md changes which are still in -mm.

Thanks.