Re: Possibly wrong contact for e100 driver

From: Martin Josefsson
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 15:14:18 EST

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 20:50 +0200, iSteve wrote:
> Greetings,
> in past few days, I've been trying to obtain certian information about
> behavior of e100 NIC driver with my minipci card. My first hit was the
> contact information mentioned in the header of e100.c, that is, "Linux
> NICS <linux.nics@xxxxxxxxx>".
>
> I've sent in my mail, praying for reply. The first reply was automated
> response, which suggested me eg. Win 3.11 install notes. After asking

I once sent a patch to linux.nics@xxxxxxxxx for a use-after-free bug and
the reply I got was one that asked me which operating system I was
using. But to be fair I got one additional reply one day later that
suggested me to apply the latest patch from Jeff Garziks netdriver tree.

So I just sent the patch to the maintainers of the driver (at intel) and
netdev, they picked it up. So it's probably best to mail the maintainers
and cc netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , other people might be interested in this
information as well.
You'll find the maintainers listed in the MAINTAINERS file.

--
/Martin