Re: gcapatcch equivalent?

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 17:19:40 EST

Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At KS I asked after a gcapatch command for git..
>
> I've got two trees drm-2.6 and linux-2.6, linux-2.6 is latest Linus, so of
> course a tree diff gives me all the new patches in linux-2.6 that aren't
> in drm-2.6 which isn't what I want.. I want gcapatch....
>
> I'm sure someone has one and I don't really want to care about git
> internals :-)

I do this, which mostly works:

MERGE_BASE=$(git-merge-base $(cat .git/refs/heads/origin ) \
$(cat .git/refs/heads/$patch_name))

cg-diff -r $MERGE_BASE:$(cat .git/refs/heads/$patch_name) >> \
$PULL/$patch_name.patch

(I'm supposed to be doing real git merges of 40 trees and let git do more
work for me. I'll do that when I'm feeling really, really trusting).