Re: kernel: use kcalloc instead kmalloc/memset

From: Pekka J Enberg
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 05:00:53 EST

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 11:37 +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> BTW we already have 420 "kcalloc(1, ...)" user and 41 without the 1 > argument, most of them are in sound, which introduced it in first place.
> Can we please deprecate that function before it spreads any further?

Arjan van de Ven writes:
kcalloc does have value, in that it's a nice api to avoid multiplication
overflows. Just for "1" it's indeed not the most useful API.

Indeed, kcalloc should not be deprecated as it is meant for array allocation. I can send patches that replace kcalloc(1,...) with kzalloc if there are no other janitors interested...

Pekka