/proc question

From: Davy Durham
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 01:12:15 EST

After much research.. I have a question regarding /proc

I have a zombie process which has apparently died for some unknown reason.. I know it was terminated by a signal (found that from the 9th field (sheduler flags) in /proc/pid/stat)

However, I'm trying to figure out what signal killed it.

Also, it would be nice if /proc could show what the exit status of a dead process is.. seems strange that it doesn't contain that information (or am I just not seeing it in there).

Any info would be helpful.. thanks,
Davy