Re: 2.6.13-rc5-git2 does not boot on (my) amd64

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 18:08:38 EST

On Thu, 5 Aug 2005, Andi Kleen wrote:
> dth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Danny ter Haar) writes:
> >
> > Freeing unused kernel memory: 248k freed
> > VM: killing process hotplug
> > VM: killing process hotplug
> > VM: killing process hotplug
> > VM: killing process hotplug
> > Unable to handle kernel paging request at fffffff28017b5be RIP:
> > [<fffffff28017b5be>]
>
> Looks weird. Just to make sure can you do a make distclean and try
> again? It might be a bad compile.

No, like Pavel's and Martin's reports, this is just an effect
of the not-quite-fully-baked do_wp_page/get_user_pages race fix in
2.6.13-rc5-git2, which AlexN reported earlier. Should now be fully
fixed in Linus' current git, and in the 2.6.13-rc6 akpm prophesies
to be coming soon - please all test that.

Hugh