Re: [2.6 patch] remove support for gcc < 3.2

From: Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 11:39:11 EST

El Domingo, 31 de Julio de 2005 17:26, escribió:
> This patch removes support for gcc < 3.2 .
> [1] support removed: 2.95, 2.96, 3.0, 3.1
Please keep the 2.95 support I use to use a lot, on not new hardware.
If you have old hardware with not much resources gcc 2.95 works just fine and
fast, even you build the main kernel on other machine, by compatibility
issues one or two drivers should be builded a lot of times into the older
hardware, then we are forced to build gcc 3.4 or something like.

:(

--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux