[patch 0/8] Updated patches for x86_64

From: Ashok Raj
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 16:14:31 EST

Hi Andrew,

This patch series contains some misc fixes related to CPU hotplug for X86_64.

Some are new, some are due to regressions from introduction of physflat mode
genapic schemes. Please consider for -mm. These are on 2.6.13-rc4-mm1

do_clustered_apic_check
Needed for x86_64, removed recently from shared code.
create-sysfs-onlyfor-present-cpus
Create sysfs entries only for present cpus. New cpus will have them
created by ACPI code when notification for the same is processed.
fix-enforce-max-cpu
Dont enforce this when CPU hotplug is enabled. This doesnt permit
booting with maxcpus=1 and then testing logical hot-add of cpu.
fix-cluster-allbutself-ipi
Cluster mode also needs to prevent preempt when excluding self from
online map. Propagating the fix i added for genapic_flat to cluster
genapic code as well.
fix-flat-mode-nobroadcast-again
Recent physflat broke this for hotplug. Re-introducing it again.
fix-physflat-dmode
Removed un-necessary code from physflat settings.
use-common-physflat-cluster
Used common code for genapic-physflat and cluster since they share
a lot of code was duplicated instead of sharing them.
choose-physflat-onlyfor-gt8cpus-amd
Choose physflat only when >8 cpus. We could still use flat mode without
broadcast shortcut. The mask version of IPI is still effective and
more performant than the unicast version thats required when we use
physical mode.

Cheers,
ashok