GOT IT WORKING - Problem with SMP and NCCH-DL motherboard

From: Pedro Pla
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 20:47:07 EST

Hi,

In case anyone has the same problem I got it solved. I basically
disabled everything that was on the motherboard such as the promise
sata, sound, usb, etc. It then seemed to work except it choked on
it. I then tried reenabling USB and it gave the same problem again so I
disabled the USB legacy support and left USB 2.0 on and tried again,
this time it worked. Now why would USB legacy support prevent linux from
detecting the other cpus and make it reboot? Not that I'm too worried
about it but it might be something a kernel hacker might want to look at...

Pedro