Re: [patch] ucb1x00: touchscreen cleanups

From: Mark Underwood
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 17:14:16 EST

--- Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 10:46:58PM +0200, Pavel
> Machek wrote:
> > Hi!

> be

> > > Since there appears to be some interest in
> these, I'll set about
> > > converting the audio bits to ALSA rather than
> Nico's SA11x0 audio
> > > driver. I thought no one was using these chips
> anymore, and the
> > > driver was dead!
> > >
> > > I've recently edited the mcp structure which may
> make things less
> > > awkward for others, and I'll continue moving in
> that direction
> > > with this driver.
> > >
> > > You can get the updated patches at:
> > >
> > > http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/pub/people/rmk/ucb/
> >
> > Okay, what's the plan with mainstreaming those? Do
> they stay in
> > drivers/misc?
>
> Let me put the second question a slightly different
> way: can anyone
> think of a better way to organise the files which
> makes more sense
> and doesn't end up with just a couple of files for
> the core UCB
> and MCP support in some random directory elsewhere?
>
> Arjan? hch? any comments / good ideas?

As this isn't the only chip of this sort (i.e. a
multi-function chip not on the CPU bus) maybe we
should store the bus driver in a common place. If
needed we could have a very simple bus driver
subsystem (this might already be in the kernel, I
haven't looked at the bus stuff) in which you register
a bus driver and client drivers register with the bus
driver. Just an idea :-).

Mark