Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.13-rc4-V0.7.52-05

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 10:58:53 EST

On Sunday 31 July 2005 06:44, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>* Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> because end_buffer_async_read/write use bit_spin_(un)lock and I do
>> not know how those interact with -RT.
>
>bit_spin_lock is preemptible too - but it's not a too nice
> construct. What seems to have happened in your trace is that
> local_irq_disable() was used too in combination with bit-spinlocks,
> and a spinlock was taken from within it. The best fix would be to
> get rid of bit-spinlocks ...
>
> Ingo

And that refuses to build here, mode 4 for 52-05:

fs/nfsd/nfs4state.c:125: error: `SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED' undeclared here
(not in a function)
make[2]: *** [fs/nfsd/nfs4state.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fs/nfsd] Error 2
make: *** [fs] Error 2

>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
> linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: