Re: 2.6.13 ub 2/3: Fold one line

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 01:41:46 EST

David S. Miller wrote:
From: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:51:45 -0700

-static ssize_t ub_diag_show(struct device *dev, struct device_attribute *attr, char *page)
+static ssize_t ub_diag_show(struct device *dev, struct device_attribute *attr,
+ char *page)

FWIW, I am generally against this kind of thing at least
for non-static functions.

I used to love this kind of code styling, until I started trying to
often grep a tree to verify the types of arguments to some function.

With the above kind of construct, you get the first few types, but not
all of them, in your grep output.

A better solution would be to stop naming_structures_as_complete_sentences.

IMO there's a happy balance between BSD's squash-everything-into-6-chars style and recent kernel code's tendency to bypass the ancient C 32-char limit.

But ah well ;-)

Jeff