Re: S3 resume and serial console..

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 19:31:46 EST

> > I've set up an i865 machine with a serial console, and on-board graphics
> > (also have radeon/MGA AGP..) and in an effort to try and figure out some
> > more about suspend /resume to RAM..
> >
> > However now the serial port doesn't come back after resume, I just get
> > garbage sent out on it ...
> >
> > Anyone any ideas?
>
> Not without some information such as the kernel messages right up to
> the failure point, kernel version and a description of the hardware.

latest Linus git tree, and it just does the usual entering suspend and
then when I resume I get crap out of the serial port, nothing at all
intelliigble...

Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

And as I said its an i865 based motherboard from Intel... nothing
special on it, do you need to know the super-io chip, i.e. I 'll have
to open the case to find out...

Dave.