Re: [patch 1/3] uml: share page bits handling between 2 and 3 level pagetables

From: Blaisorblade
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 14:17:25 EST

On Saturday 30 July 2005 18:02, Jeff Dike wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 08:56:53PM +0200, blaisorblade@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> > As obvious, a "core code nice cleanup" is not a "stability-friendly
> > patch" so usual care applies.
>
> These look reasonable, as they are what we discussed in Ottawa.
>
> I'll put them in my tree and see if I see any problems. I would
> suggest sending these in early after 2.6.13 if they seem OK.
Excluding the accessed handling it's ok, for the accessed handling I'm
doubtful. Could you check if this was introduced recently (for instance by
the introduction of flush_range_common, which IIRC is recent) or if it's old?

For instance, in latest 2.4, and/or in 2.6.9. If this is a regression the fix
for accessed handling can be merged too.
--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)