Re: [2.6 patch] add -Werror-implicit-function-declaration to CFLAGS

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 13:53:32 EST

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 06:52:02PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Currently, using an undeclared function gives a compile warning, but it
> can lead to a link or even a runtime error.
>
> With -Werror-implicit-function-declaration, we are getting an immediate
> compile error instead.
For i386 this is pretty OK.
But what about other architectures?

Before applying this change I want to know the result on a few archs,
and anyway using a CONFIG option may be a safer choice for a while.

> This patch also removes some unneeded spaces between two tabs in the
> following line.
Please - use tabs for indention, not for alignment.
The below would look rather messy with tabs=4.
Almost everywhere tabs are used in Makefiles it is plina wrong.
Tabs are brillient for indention but you cannot just assume 8 spaces = a
tab. Not even at the beginning of the line.

If you have a nested if or something tabs are there to be used.

Sam