Re: 2.6.12 stalls at boot Andrew M. asked for this initcall dump

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 00:05:06 EST

jt <jt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In one of his messages Andrew Morton asked for a dump of the stall
> encountered
> in 2.6.12 using ALT + Sys Req + P and ALT + Sys Req + T
>
> I am having the stall problem so here is the dmesg output up and
> including the trace
> It is in the attachment

So.. what does it all mean? Did you hit sysrq-T in the middle of the
stall? If so then the kernel seems to be happily running the udev startup
code. It's a bit sucky - takes about half a minute here.

If the stall occurred before "VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)." then I
suggest you also enable CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME and regenerate the dmesg output
so we can see exactly which initcall is stalling.