Re: MM kernels - how to keep on the bleeding edge?

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 21:43:00 EST

Andrew wrote:
> Ho hum. Adding a "why
> this was dropped" to the email seemed too tricky.

I can't speak for all the other clue deprived gits out here, but for
me at least just adding a generic "If this patch was sent on to Linus,
that might be one possible reason it is now dropped from *-mm." boiler
plate sentence to the existing notice would have been sufficient to
calm my nerves and stop me from pestering you with stupid "what what
why did you kill my patch ?!?" queries.

No need for articial intelligence to condition the message on whether
the patch actually was sent to Linus, or not.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability