Re: Why dump_stack results different so much?

From: bert hubert
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 16:49:50 EST

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:00:20PM -0400, Xin Zhao wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Below is the code that print the kernel calling trace:

Can I suggest just turning on frame pointers like I suggested?

If you say Y here the resulting kernel image will be slightly larger
and slower, but it will give very useful debugging information.
If you don't debug the kernel, you can say N, but we may not be able
to solve problems without frame pointers.

Good luck!

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://netherlabs.nl Open and Closed source services