Re: io scheduler silly question perhaps..

From: Nate Diller
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 19:54:22 EST

Try benchmarking Anticipatory or Deadline against Noop, preferably
with your actual workload. Noop is probably what you want, since
there is not much use in avoiding large "seeks". It could be though
that request merging, which the non-noop schedulers all perform, willl
cause Noop to lose. I haven't tried any I/O scheduler benchmarks with
flash, but perhaps we need a simple "merge only" scheduler for this
sort of thing.

Let me know what the results are.

NATE