Re: Help Me Please

From: Eric Piel
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 09:36:41 EST

07/28/2005 03:53 PM, gabri wrote/a Ãcrit:
I have a laptop. Is amd mobile SEMPRON but when I
ejecute cpufreq say this:

analyzing CPU 0:
no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU

I remcompiled a lot of kernel" 2.6.12.3 2.6.8 etc"
witch support for cpu scaling but when i am triying
load a module powernow-k8 say this error:
powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron
processors (version 1.00.09b)
powernow-k8: BIOS error: maxvid exceeded with pstate
0

and with powernow-k7: powernow: This module only
works
with AMD K7 CPUs
mi claptop isn't overcloked and i don't know how fix
the problem.

Hello,

According to the message, it's clear that powernow-k8 fits your CPU. I don't know the meaning of the error message, though.

First, have you upgraded your BIOS to the latest available version?