Re: system freezes for 0.2 to 0.5 seconds when reading/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature

From: Florian Engelhardt
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 01:48:03 EST

Hello,

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:16:05 -0700
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Florian Engelhardt <flo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > first of all, sorry for the long headline.
> > second:
> > Every time, i try to do the following:
> > cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature
> > the whole system looks up for a short period of time (something
> > about 0.5s). realy everything, video and audio encoding, mouse and
> > keyboard input, firefox playing a flash animation, ...
> > I am also getting the following:
> > Losing some ticks... checking if CPU frequency changed.
> >
> > maybe these two things are belonging to each other.
> >
> > I am using a 2.6.12-rc3-mm1 kernel on a amd64 with a nvidia nforce4
> > mainboard.
>
> It might help if you were to generate a kernel profile:
>
> readprofile -r

returns:
/proc/profile: No such file or directory

do i have to activate something special during kernel configuration?

btw: i saw that mm2 is available. Are there any changes in it, which
could solve this problem?

flo

--
"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous"
David Bradley, who invented the (in)famous ctrl-alt-del key combination