Re: [2.6 patch] schedule obsolete OSS drivers for removal

From: Rogério Brito
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 19:00:00 EST

On Jul 27 2005, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 01:38 +0200, Zoran Dzelajlija wrote:
> > The OSS maestro driver works better on my old Armada E500 laptop.
> > I tried ALSA after switching to 2.6, but the computer hung with
> > 2.6.8.1 or 2.6.10 if I touched the volume buttons.
>
> Please test a newer ALSA version, like the one in 2.6.12.

I have an Armada V300 laptop that uses the maestro2 chipset (and I
wouldn't be surprised if your E500 used that very same chip) and it
works fine with the ALSA provided in kernels since the 2.6.10-mm era
(actually, I think it worked fine with even earlier kernels, but I am
not sure).

Just another datapoint, Rogério.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@xxxxxxxxxx : http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito