Re: sis190 driver

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 18:09:16 EST

[bouncing @sis.com address removed from the Cc:]

Lars Vahlenberg <lars.vahlenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> I can get mii-tool to work with this patch, but if I have
> a ping command running and changing to another speed I
> stop receiving or get 1 - 3 sek pings. ei x000ms.

The current SiS driver is way more readable than the previous version
but I still have not finished to revamp its mii/phy init sequence:
- it's a bit ad hoc;
- it duplicates code here and there (see link timer and mii/phy init);
- imnsho, it tries to achieve too much work in the pci probe phase;
- it mostly ignores what is available in include/linux/mii.h and
drivers/net/mii.c.

Expect something to test before the end of the week.

--
Ueimor