Re: [2.6.12-git8] ACPI shutdown fails to power off machine

From: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 17:17:22 EST

On Tuesday, 19 July 2005, at 04:41:26 -0600,
Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Roughly for your part of the problem the acpi shutdown code needs to
> get called sooner when interrupts are still enabled.

After the recent patches that went in to the kernel, I downloaded version
2.6.13-rc8-git8, compiled, and now the box powers off correctly. Seems my
setup is working fine again now. However, I didn't check if this is
working ok all the times, because it seems in another thread that someone
is having problems to get his system powering off reliably.

But the precise problem I reported is gone. Thank you Eric.

Greetings,

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436 Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.13-rc3-git8)