Re: Incorrect driver getting loaded for Qlogic FC-HBA

From: Andrew Vasquez
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 13:13:11 EST

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Rajat Jain wrote:

> On 7/27/05, Andrew Vasquez <andrew.vasquez@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > A similar problem was noted with RHEL4, it seems the modules.pcimap
> > and pci.ids file were correct, but the pcitable file contained entries
> > for all ql[ae]23xx based HBAs to load qla2300.ko.
> >
> > It's my understanding that this was fixed for RHEL4 U1. Which distro
> > are you using? If you are using RHEL, and are still having problems,
> > I'd suggest you file a report with Redhat.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrew Vasquez
> >

> BINGO! I AM using RHEL 4. So does that mean I can rectify the problem
> by making appropriate changes to "pcitable" file?

I'm trying to get a firm answer from the folks who originally
discvoered the problem some time back, it seems you have two options:

- during installation of RHEL4 (and not RHEL4U1), load with the
'noprobe' option:

linux noprobe

and manually select the appropriate drivers to load.

- (post installation) modify the /etc/modprobe.conf to and rename the
qla2300 entry to qla2322 (i.e.):

alias scsi_hostadapter1 qla2322

modify the modules.pcimap table to load qla2322 for the 2322
device-id:

qla2300 0x00001077 0x00002322 ...

to:

qla2322 0x00001077 0x00002322 ...

Beyond that, I'd suggest you log a report with Redhat, as that's the
extent of the workaround knowledge without going to RHEL4U1.

Hope this helps,
Andrew Vasquez