RE: HELP: NFS mount hangs when attempting to copy file

From: Roger Heflin
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 09:33:51 EST

A kde and gnome are well above MTU they don't know anything
about MTU and neither does NFS, if those hang it up you have
a network configuration problem, and should probably fix it,
as a number of other things will show the problem also.

Routers almost always have hard coded MTU limits, and they are
almost never the default 1500, so everything needs to be
properly told what your networks MTU is, or some external
device needs to be taking care of it properly.

Roger