Re: USB debouncing?

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 14:24:54 EST

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:24:25 +0200, DervishD <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a new MP3 player, and when I disconnect it from the USB
> port, my logs says:
>
> <30>Jul 19 18:11:05 kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:07.3-1 address 2
> <27>Jul 19 18:11:06 kernel: hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 1 disabled
>
> What is that 'connect-debounce' for? Is the port damaged? Am I
> doing anything wrong?

The ports are not getting completely disabled. The wording is poor.
If you plug something else, hub gets a connect change, khubd will
allow another debounce cycle and accept whatever happens.

In this case, when you're pulling the plug the hub receives a
momentary reconnect, so the software things something else was plugged.
I think perhaps the resistor harness is not good in the device,
or perhaps something is wrong with the connector.

-- Pete