Re: How do you accurately determine a process' RAM usage?

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 05:46:03 EST

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:
> P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Looks like it's been stable for 4 months?
>
> yup, although I don't think it's been used much.

Just a sidenote to say I should be sending you an update to it
(the /proc/$pid/smaps code) in the next couple of days, but merely
cosmetic ("map" -> "vma", cond_resched_lock, p?d_addr_next ptwalking).

I'm still pretty sceptical about it, but it's probably a useful
framework for people to hack on, to report whatever kind of page
numbers they're interested in for this or that investigation.

Hugh