[ANNOUNCE] linux-libc-headers 2.6.12.0

From: Mariusz Mazur
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 18:51:01 EST

Available at http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/
Changes:
- updated to 2.6.12
- various C++/ANSI C compatibility fixes
- various small fixes

Sorry for the long delay (2.6.12 was released some time ago), but I've been
rather busy.

The most interesting changes in this release are the C++/ANSI C compatibility
fixes mostly provided by Jeff Bailey of Ubuntu/Debian. Jeff also made llh
klibc compatible, but got missing in action before managing to commit the
changes (hope he'll reemerge in the near future). Those changes will probably
break some builds, but I believe klibc compatibility is worth it (afaik llh
is already used by the uclibc project) and llh is too glibc-centric anyway.

Since I was in a hurry with this release, I've left out some things. If I
remember correctly, I was bugged about some iproute2 and C++ compatibility
issues. I'll need to ask the people that bugged me, to do it again (the C++
stuff might be solved already, though). This, and the fact that I'll have to
mess a little with llh's internals (nothing noticeable; assuming I don't
introduce any new bugs that is :) will probably result in a new release in a
week or two. So stay tuned.

Oh, and one last thing. I'll be CCing these announcements to
llh-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (subscription at
interested in new releases, but not interested in lkml's traffic, can just
subscribe there.

Happy summer (of code/sunbaths/or whatever).

--
In the year eighty five ten
God is gonna shake his mighty head