Re: Problem with PS/2 Logitech WheelMouse

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 11:29:48 EST

On 7/5/05, davide vecchio <davide.vecchio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm running SOME LINUX DISTROS (Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.7 and, Suse
> 9.3 kernel 2.6.10-4) on an Amd XP 1200 box on an msi 6360 MAINBOARD.
> I'm using a PS/2 Logitech WheelMouse (usb mouse connected using ps2 adapter).
> I'm experiencing on both distros that with the standard kernel (the
> one prebuilt coming with the distro), the mouse is working correctly
> but when I tried to compile a new kernel (2.6.11 or 2.6.22) got from
> the kernel.org site both using modules or static support for the mouse
> , the mouse stops working both in console (tested throught cat
> /dev/input/mice) and in X.

Hi,

I see that the mouse seem to be detected properly... I wonder if some
of the extended probes confuse it. Could you try doing:

rmmod psmouse
insmod /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko proto=bare

and

rmmod psmouse
insmod /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko proto=imps

And tell me if any of them work?

Thanks!

--
Dmitry